Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blockbuster stuff (SPOILERS FOR THIS WEEK)...


Comics day being delayed due to the Yankee holiday, I just got today's new stuff. No New Avengers yet, which I'm looking forward to (maybe tomorrow). Ultimatum 4 is what I really want to read, but I think it is still two weeks off. It has been like two months since Ultimatum 3; Marvel really knows how to milk it. At the end of Ultimatum, the Marvel 'Ultimate' universe will come to an end. I only got into these this year. The Ultimates (this timelimes version of the Avengers) is amazing! The Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate X-Men are also really good. I'm pretty sure in Ultimatum 4, Magneto is going to kill almost everyone. But enough about next month...

There were two big surprises for me this week. The first was Wolverine 72, the second last part Old Man Logan, which I previewed earlier. This story is insane and keeps getting cooler. The Red Skulls trophy room of superhero treasures is very neat. Wolverine Origins 36 came out too, and Wolverine goes all feral for a bit. Savage.

The other big one was X-Men Legacy 224 in which Professor X cures Rogues mind so that she no longer has anyone's old thoughts. This is sort of a full circle for this character that started about 15 years ago, so I thought that was neat too.

No comments: